Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal


We all know the stories about Jesus, the Son of God. but Levi, or Biff, is here to tell us what happened during the majority of Christ's life that was left out of the New Testament. Christopher Moore's amusing speculation describes the childhood and young adulthood of Jesus. Biff provides comic relief as he accompanies Jesus through his trials and travels. Christopher Moore portrays the Messiah as a regular guy who also happens to be our savior, and who travels the world dutifully studying Hinduism, Buddhism, and martial arts. Biff is hilarious and the complete opposite of his best friend, but loyal to a fault, and I love that he takes credit for things like sarcasm, lattes, and pencils. The crucifixion is a given, but it was especially devastating to see it from the perspective of someone who loved Jesus so dearly. I have been a Catholic my entire life and I know Lamb is purely fiction, but I found it extremely entertaining and it helped me identify a little more with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment