Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fallen: Torment


I enjoyed reading Fallen and looked forward to the sequel, but for me Torment fell flat. I frequently found myself questioning Luce's judgement, and intelligence for that matter. There are so many questions surrounding Daniel, Luce, and the angels, I wonder if Lauren Kate even knows the answers or if she is making it up as she goes along. Why can Luce see the announcers? Clearly she's more than merely human, but do we really need to wait until the third book to know that? Why do some fallen angels look like high school students, while others appear much older? Also, the truce between the "good" fallen angels and the "evil" fallen angels seems random, and ends abruptly. On that note, did the author do any research on fallen angels before writing a series of novels about them? If they are "fallen", why weren't their wings stripped? Aren't the Nephilim supposed to be an abomination, not celebrated as being gifted? The worst part was the end. Instead of being left in suspense and anticipating the next book in the series, I was annoyed by Luce's stupidity and Daniel's weakness. Overall, I was disappointed by Torment.

No comments:

Post a Comment