Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dear John


I recommend Dear John for anyone who enjoys a good love story. I was swept away from the first page, and felt like I was right there with John and Savannah as they fell in love. I felt their pain as the distance slowly tore them apart. I was moved when John finally accepted his father's Asperger's syndrome and their relationship reached a new level. And I was devastated when their love just wasn't enough to keep them together. John was lovable because he wasn't a white knight who swept in to rescue Savannah. He was a soldier, rough around the edges, and a former trouble maker. The tragedy of 9/11 provided more heartbreak for the characters, and made their long-distance relationship even more difficult to endure. Dear John is a solid, modern love story. I just love to live in the world Nicholas Sparks creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment